Tuesday, December 26, 2006

One Day On Iron Giant

Back on Iron Giant, I had an efx scene to do with Kent lighting up his pipe while asking the train engineer where a phone was. Brad Bird wanted this smoke to look like the smoke from the cigars in Pinocchio that Lampwick was smoking. After I got the reference, I quickly animated this version for fun, because the Kent animation just lent itself to this gag. Luckily Brad thought it was hilarious and it made it to the dvd outtakes. Brad had the sound editor add a really loud Warner-esque explosion to it too which made it even funnier. I did of course, do the real one that was in the movie. The train engineer of course was the one and only Ollie Johnston in a cameo role. Those of you who don't know, Ollie was a top animator at Disney and one of Walt's Nine Old Men and train fanatic, like Walt.








4 Comments:

At 12/26/2006 10:35 PM, Blogger TotalD said...

Well it's about time Kev. These re are pretty funny ! Your 3D Plane model looks GREAT ! Very nice.

 
At 12/27/2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks Dave. Much appreciated. Yeah, about time for me to have a blog I guess. I got a ton o' crap lying around here.
I didn't know how to post the quicktime movie of the outtake, or I guess you can't yet, so I have to link it to somewhere I guess.

 
At 2/27/2007 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin,

That's really funny. I hope you will post the Quicktime.
Here's a quick tutorial on how to embed video in Blogger:

How To Embed Quicktimes in Blogger

You'll have to have some webspace to host the Quicktime source file , which is what the above tutorial shows you how to link to .

If you get a free account on Google Video (which I think might be the same as your Blogger account log-in, since Google owns Blogger ... ?) you can upload video to Google Video for storage of the video file and embed the link in your blog:

How To Embed Google Video

Give it a try.

 
At 2/27/2007 11:54 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks Dave - I will get the movie
up soon. Thanks for the link on how to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home